Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What I Did On My (summer) Vacation from this Blog

I went home to Cincy for May Fete...

I went to Michigan with the lovely Ms. Belew to see my little heart, Kristina, and her awesome boyfriend Dr. Luke
And yes, we were on a boat with our flippy floppies!

I went to the Pride Parade with a few girlfriends, Jen and Sarah. And we had a blast...
Blast off? Only in Boystown, USA...

I also did a fun girls night out. Since I moved here Jen has been talking about the World's Largest Block party at St. Pat's in Greek Town near the Sears Tower. So this year we got a group of our girlfriends together to go!
Drinking, eating, dancing, music! It was great and probably the best night of the summer.













I then made another trip back to Ohio for a Pants Party reunion...what's Pants Party? The house I lived in during college!

And it wouldn't be a real reunion without the Brute...

Finally after a long month and a half, I made the trip to Vegas to meet my newest niece, Mikayla!
And B was there too, the greatest new mommy ever!
The great thing about Chicago, is that there is always a Miami Alum, AOII, or both right around the corner. The RumRunners, a MU cover band, played a night at a bar here in the Windy City! I met up with AOIIs and fellow Cincinnatians, Sarah and Amber.

Summer is never complete without at least 1 wedding! My big, Allison, got married in Naperville in August.


And I think that about wraps it up...

Oh no wait, I almost forgot...I met a boy!
He doesn't blog, so I can say anything about him I want. But I'll just give a quick rundown. His name is Evan. I met him in April through friends on a random pub crawl through Wrigley. We hit it off right away, but I was very reluctant about dating him. Lucky for me he was patient and persistent. So after an awkward Cubs game and a few street festivals later, we were a match made in the Windy City! This is us at the Harry Potter exhibit with the flying car from the movie in the background.
Things I should have done more of this summer...
Blog
Run
Read
Go to the beach

So that about wraps it up. I realize each of these events could have been their own post...if only my blogging skills were as efficient as my Facebook stalking skills...maybe someday. So see you in another 5 months.

xo
Amber

3 comments:

Don said...

Nothing better than just catching up for a whole summer. It looks like it was a great summer, which is exactly what it should have been. And yes, we really like Evan too.

Maxanna said...

Well now- what a summer- and I love the story through pictures.
Thanks- you make your mother so, so very happy!
PS- I'm with Don- We really, really like Evan- And are looking forward to seeing him again soon- real soon-

Brandy said...

No wonder you didn't blog all summer! And I thought I was busy.